Thank you for visiting our website to learn more about our student transfer policy. We appreciate your interest in Guthrie Public Schools. We do our best to welcome additional students to our district whenever it is possible.
Guthrie Public Schools makes decisions about student transfers in accordance with district policy and state law. You can download our comprehensive district policy below; however, we are providing the following information for your convenience:
- The state Department of Education requires that the following form be completed to apply for a transfer: [Student Transfer Application Form]. Parents who need access to technology to print or complete the form can visit the Guthrie Public Library, or One Stop Copy Shop. Paper copies of the form can also be picked up at the Board of Education, Administration Building. Completed transfer applications will not be accepted until August 1. We will contact parents directly about the approval status of their child’s transfer.
- Mid-year transfer requests will be considered within four days of the district receiving the application when possible.
- New transfers are accepted on a first-come, first served basis. Students who attended the district on a transfer during the 2021-22 school year will be automatically accepted pending approval from the district. The law gives preference to children of active-duty military personnel.
- To accept a transfer, enrollment in the grade the parent requests must be under the district-established capacity. The district’s capacity and vacancy numbers for each grade and school can be found below.
- Transfers may be denied for capacity, attendance and discipline issues.
- Transfer students must abide by eligibility requirements established by the Oklahoma Secondary Schools Activities Association (OSSAA) for OSSAA sanctioned activities.
If you have further question about the transfer process please contact Samantha Stewart, Administrative Assistant to Superintendent at 405-282-8900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.