Plagiarism is the intentional or accidental use of another's ideas, words, or writing as one's own without appropriate documentation or relying too heavily on outside resources for the completion of an assignment.
The disciplinary action for this event is:
- 1st Offense: parent will be notified, student will be warned, and the assignment will be reset.
- 2nd Offense: parent will be notified, a grade of “0” for the assignment or test will be given.
- 3rd Offense: parent will be notified, a grade of “0” for the assignment or test will be given, and the entire Unit will be reset.
- 4th Offense: parent will be notified, student may lose credit for the semester or be required to restart the course(s) from the beginning.
- 5th Offense: parent will be notified and student may be removed from the BlueJay Academy.
See the following links for helpful information on plagiarism and how to avoid plagiarizing.
Grammarly(R) has a plagiarism detector available within its program.
There are several more resources available on the internet to help you understand plagiarism.